Instructions for editing
- First things first: click 'edit' in the toolbar at the top of your chosen page, or if it's a new page - click 'create'.
- The formatting bar that appears at the top of the edit page can be used or alternatively you can use wiki mark up text as outlined below.
Creating a new page
- Search for the mountain or range by typing the name in the search box. If it is not already in the wiki you can create it.
- Click on either 'create' in the toolbar or 'create this page' or on the link provided in the instruction line to open the page up for editing.
- We have templates available for mountains and ranges depending on what you are adding to the wiki. To bring up the templates type in either:
and save the page. The page is now ready for editing.
Editing a page
- Click on 'edit' in the toolbar at the top of your chosen page.
- You can now simply add text to the page. Please try to add info to the right spot on the page using the template as a rough guide - but feel free to add anything you think is relevant under new headings. New headings can be added by typing the following into a new line:
==='''type your heading here'''===
Typing a series of hyphens like this ------ on the next line underlines your heading.
- Please refer to the cheatsheet below for things such as bold, italic, links and *bullet points
- You will need to have the image available to upload.
- Save the page you are editing.
- Click on 'more' on the toolbar.
- Click on 'Upload file'.
- Click on 'Choose file' and select your photo.
- If you are using an image that is not your own please state where the image is from in the Summary box.
- Click 'Upload file'. This will create a seperate page for the image under the name of the file in the wiki. You will now need to import it to the right page on the wiki.
- On the page where you wish the photo to be displayed type
[[image:file.jpg]] with the name of the file replacing 'file'.
- To add an image with caption use instead
- To align an image right with a caption use
- Please refer to this page for more options on images 
To save a jpeg from Google maps do the following:
- Navigate to desired location on Google maps
- Open 'snipping tool' in windows (you can find this in windows programs)
- Make sure mode is set to 'rectangular mode'
- Drag the cursor around the area you want to capture, then save as JPEG.
- You can then upload the image as normal (see above).
- For more help with editing please refer to the help page on the sidebar